Kirkman is pleased to offer this comprehensive nutritional supplement that incorporates a wide spectrum of vitamins, minerals and other nutritional factors. Many parents find it difficult to give their child a multitude of different supplements daily or several times a day, and other parents are unsure of which nutritional supplement regimen to follow. Some parents may be waiting for laboratory or physician's reports that will eventually be a guide to a supplement program. In this case, a broad-spectrum dietary supplement is suggested in the interim.
Spectrum Complete II also offers an alternative to Kirkman's Super Nu-Thera product line that contains higher dosages of vitamin B-6. Some children do not respond to the high B-6 or to Super Nu-Thera in general, but those individuals still need a very comprehensive, high quality supplement. Spectrum Complete II fills that role with nutrients in highly absorbable forms. Those parents who want to use Spectrum Complete II and who also want higher B-6 levels can supplement with additional B-6 or pyridoxal 5-phosphate.
Spectrum Complete II should find valuable application in the following situations:
- Parents new to supplementation who want to start with one comprehensive product.
- Compliance situations where parents find it very difficult to get multiple supplements into their children.
- When parents are awaiting laboratory and/or physician's reports to guide them in setting up a supplement
- When high vitamin B-6 products such as Super Nu-Thera are not effective.
- As a comprehensive foundation to supplementation, to which other products can be added per testing
results or a doctor's instructions.
- As an alternative to less complete products being offered by other supplement companies.
What are the unique properties of Spectrum Complete II and what are the ingredients that make it so comprehensive?
Spectrum Complete II contains all of the B-vitamins, fat-soluble vitamins, and minerals children require. Other specialty nutrients are also present. Some of the unique potencies, ingredients and properties of Spectrum Complete II are:
Kirkman recommends the following dosages:
- A full spectrum of immune supporting ingredients, including vitamin C, vitamin E, zinc, selenium, coenzyme
Q10, and beta glucan.
- Pro-vitamin A from mixed carotenoids, as well as the regular standard form, vitamin A acetate. These
mixed carotenoids consist of beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthan, which are powerful antioxidants and free
radical scavengers. It is important to also include a substantial amount of non-carotenoid vitamin A, such
as the acetate.
- In addition to beta-carotene, lutein and zeaxanthan, the powerful antioxidants coenzyme Q10 and grapeseed
extract are present.
- Choline, which is essential in the manufacture of the neurotransmitter acetylcholine.
- Inositol, taurine and glycine, which are required for liver support. Inositol is also necessary for proper nerve,
brain, and muscle function.
- Taurine and glycine help maintain the neurotransmitters in the brain and produce a calming effect on the
body. Glycine is needed by the body to stimulate glutathione production.
- Molybdenum, which is important in sulfur metabolism and may help support the PST system. Molybdenum
may also be important in supporting healthy copper levels.
- Selenium, which is included for its immune supporting properties
- Chromium picolinate, which is included as a chromium source.
- DMAE, which is included to aid in focusing.
- Higher vitamin B-12 potencies are present. Since vitamin B-12 is a water-soluble nutrient that does not
accumulate to toxic levels in the body, Kirkman® feels this higher level of B-12 is warranted.
Children 20-25 lbs 1/2 teaspoon daily
Children 26-60 pounds 1 teaspoon daily
Children 61-75 pounds 1 1/2 teaspoons daily
Children 76-120 pounds 2 teaspoons daily
Larger children and adults 2 1/2-3 teaspoons daily
16 Oz/454 g
Casein, gluten, soy, milk, wheat, artificial colorings, artificial flavorings, gelatin, yeast, tree nuts, peanuts or fish.
PLEASE NOTE: This item expires within the next 6 months.