The Autism Community Store has assembled a collection of the best autism and aspergers books, as well as sensory integration books and DVDs, including books for parents, therapists, teachers and kids. Our favorite autism books include Ten Things Every Child with Autism Wishes you Knew and My Friend with Autism, written by a mom to educate her son’s classmates about autism.
In this age of internet and e-readers, sometimes there is still no substitute for a book you can crawl into bed with or give as a gift of knowledge and awareness.
- The Parent's Autism Source Book by Kim Mack RosenbergThis source book is a one-stop comprehensive guide to everything a parent needs to know about supporting their Autistic... Learn More$17.99
- Teaching Adolescents With Autism by Walter KaweskiAward-winning educator Walter Kaweski gives teachers various insights and strategies to help students with special... Learn More$14.95
- David's World by Dagmar H. Mueller and Veronica BalhausDavid’s brother doesn’t understand why David eats the same food almost every day and never laughs or cries when... Learn More$16.95
- How Can I Talk If My Lips Don't Move - By Tito Rajarshi MukhopadhyayDespite being diagnosed with low-functioning autism, Tito Rajarshi Mukhopadhyay became a renowned poet and author by... Learn More$14.95
- Growing Up With Sensory Issues: Insider Tips From a Woman with Autism by Jennifer McIlwee MyersJennifer McIlwee Myers gives us tips, tricks, and her perspective on living and dealing with the sensory issues that... Learn More$19.95
- In-Sync Activity Cards by Carol Kranowitz, Joye NewmanActivity cards with instructions on various activities, the materials needed, and more challenging versions of each... Learn More$29.95
- No Longer A Secret by Doriet S. Bialer and Lucy Jane MillerSimple, cheap solutions to sensory issues can be found in this book. Easy for teachers, parents and therapists to learn. Learn More$19.95
- Building Sensory Friendly Classrooms by Rebecca MoyesThis book is an easy-to-follow guide to creating sensory-friendly classrooms using data-driven strategies. Learn More$19.95